Thread: Normality

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ogada View Post
    normallity means being normal people
    Where would you find one of those?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ogada View Post
    normallity means being normal people
    People always want to behave normally, but other people who are more knowledgable than amateurs sometimes put limits on that. Quoting Martin:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...neral-aviation

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition - and Vince got it out before the BMAA!!

- and welcome to the forum ogada !
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" - G.B.S.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    explain 'normality'.... "You're all individuals".. "I'm not"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Twissell View Post
    Thanks Garry, I'm doing my own rebuild with a few small modifications. I have the new parts I need now, having traced them to source and bypassed the delays (and mark-ups) added by Jabiru.
    Hi Peter,

I don't know if its any help now but Skycraft near Holbeach are agents for Jabiru.
    Comfortably Numb......

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks trident. I have all the parts I need now - just waiting for enough freedom of movement to get them all into one place!
    G-BZNP Still not dead, but resting following engine failure.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Normality has been not worrying about ruddy flying machines, as I no longer had one to worry about but the drugs wore off and I'm not normal any more. The new radio arrived yesterday and I pressed the wrong button while programming it, the one that alerts the Weather Gods so this will not be the weekeknd I go and collect the aeroplane with a (temporary) member of my household to bring the car back for me.
    Underpaid but overhead.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomshep View Post
    Normality has been not worrying about ruddy flying machines, as I no longer had one to worry about but the drugs wore off and I'm not normal any more. The new radio arrived yesterday and I pressed the wrong button while programming it, the one that alerts the Weather Gods so this will not be the weekeknd I go and collect the aeroplane with a (temporary) member of my household to bring the car back for me.
    What are you collecting? Is it another Rans?
    Are you the farmer?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    No. Decided that the extra costs and aggravation of a two seater was far better served by renting when somebody wants to go flying with me. Having restored two motorbikes in the last four months, I found that they bore me so I bought the planet's scruffiest flyable SSDR from Worzel Gummidge airlines who were getting rid of it because it was too shabby for their corporate image. It is another MiniMax but you need a mirror to view it because if you look at it directly you will be turned to stone. I shall fly the hours I need to stay valid as though it was somebody else's aeroplane then decide whether to re cover it and put a new engine in over the Winter.
    Underpaid but overhead.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomshep For This Useful Post:

MadamBreakneck (22-05-20), Randombloke (23-05-20)

Thanks
    My new normality? As well as being in love with my ULMs I've got into drones during the lockdown. I've got loads of space around my house and while we were locked down (from 17 March to 11 May) and could hardly go out of the house except for (very) locally for essentials, I've been flying like mad. I bought a small, inexpensive one (Eachine EG16) to learn on and have had great fun. I then ordered a larger, slightly more expensive one (Eachine EX4) which turned out to be defective and useless and which I had to return to China and am still waiting for a refund on (no thanks to Paypal who are being as much use as a chocolate fireguard as they obviously make much more money out of the supplier than they do out of me). Since then I've ordered another which is the 'buy of 2020' and is on long backorder (Fimi X8 SE 2020), so then yet another which I'm hoping to receive this week (Hubsan Zino).

I've always loved combining videos with my ULMs and both of the drones I have on order have Ultra HD 4K cameras on 3-axis gimbals, so are capable of near-professional quality footage. I can't wait to get my hands on them as we have tons of potential over here even though the French drone laws are quite strict and becoming tighter after July 1.

More details if people are interested.

Just out of interest, a local farmer was mowing the large field opposite my house a couple of days ago and just returned to do a small piece that was left that belongs to my neighbour. The tractor disturbs lots of small animals which in turn attracts the raptors and a few minutes ago I was out videoing a large number with wingspans of nearly 2 metres swooping around and diving down low after prey. Unfortunately although my 'little' drone has got a 1080P camera and you can see the birds, the quality isn't up to what I really want. Hopefully the cameras on the new drones will hit the mark though.

The farmer is now out at the back of my house mowing another large area so I imagine the birds have followed him over.
    Last edited by Roger Mole; 24-05-20 at 16:43 PM.