Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Sounds like a good balance Pete, I find club type fields can be a bit cliquey and those where individuals do there own thing far more interesting
    It's a personal thing of course.

Thanks
    It is odd really.
    i kept myself to myself at my "club airfield" - i didn't join any flyouts and the social events always clashed with other events 99% of the time. I was always quick to say hi and have a conversation but knew people more by face and their aircraft than their name and background.
    Despite this i miss it - i miss true circuit work. I know that where i am now I'll have the circuit to myself, i only need to make blind calls and not expect to hear anyone else, pretty much approach from whichever direction and not upset anyone.

that said, when i do speak to someone at my airfield it is often an interesting conversation as it is not a microlight strip so the people i meet, and differences in flying is much more varied

Thanks
    Luckily my airfield is only 15mins away and all the aircraft are fully rigged so easy to nip over for a fly, but equally important for me is the "social" aspect which is in abundance each Saturday even if the weather's pants.
    Particularly pleasurable was the after flight customary de-brief at the local but because of some alleged pandemic we've had to resort to stocking the clubhouse fridge up with our favourite liquids...
    G-HAMS a pretty quick Quik

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Morton View Post
    Luckily my airfield is only 15mins away and all the aircraft are fully rigged so easy to nip over for a fly, but equally important for me is the "social" aspect which is in abundance each Saturday even if the weather's pants.
    Particularly pleasurable was the after flight customary de-brief at the local but because of some alleged pandemic we've had to resort to stocking the clubhouse fridge up with our favourite liquids...

I like the sound of all that. Can you post a pic of the clubhouse?
    If you're hanging on to a rising balloon, you're presented with a difficult decision - let go before it's too late or hang on and keep getting higher, posing the question: how long can you keep a grip on the rope?