Thanks

Current CAA infringement policy

I think this is worth looking at if you fly in airspace with complicated boundaries and/or procedures:

http://www.peter2000.co.uk/aviation/...ts-policy.html

One of the most disturbing extracts is this:

In a controversial policy, the CAA department running this new scheme has been putting pressure on social media mods/admins to avoid discussing this topic. Nowadays, only EuroGA is running it, here, in what has become by far the longest thread we've had. I am one of the admins and - along with others I know - have received very direct "invitations" for a talk at Gatwick. All those I know who received these, except one who runs a UK forum, have refused to go. It's a bit like Vlad the Impaler asking you to drop in for a cup of tea And with two past infringements (both very minor) there is no doubt they will go after me to the maximum extent possible if I do it again within the two years. The NATS, CAA and Gasco staff are prominent on the UK flying forums and are readily recognisable, primarily from a high-handed lecturing style on regulatory matters coupled with an unusual lack of interest in anything connected with actually flying aeroplanes. Similarly, with access to the CAA pilot database, it must be reasonably assumed that they are readily able to identify most of the forum participants... It is hard to write more than a few lines on a forum without revealing something about where you are based, what you fly, etc.
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights
    "Weekend bimbler, day to day car driver & genuinely undeserving Southern oik who has never done anything of any worth"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Randombloke For This Useful Post:

Dave Morton (20-07-20), Halibut (20-07-20), MadamBreakneck (20-07-20)

Thanks
    For the sake of discussion, I wonder if the CAA see the infringement 're-education' as similar in nature and intent to the road traffic 'speed awareness' courses?

Back to just bimbling in the TST.

No longer instructing - just pontificating..

Thanks
    As someone who has attended a speed awareness course I hope that the CAA do see the infringement course in the same light.

A speed awareness course is not 3 hours of watching videos discussing the difference in braking distances and interviews with family victims of speed related crashes to pull on the heart strings.
    nor is it a finger pointing exercise - "you are a bad driver and you need to change your ways".

i found it informative and interesting. ok some of it is basics and i could recall from my learner driver days (much more so than my fellow course mate with more "life experience" who probably never did a theory part of their licence) but other aspects were a welcome reminder or eye opener in to why roads are designed the way they are, what and why signage is put where it is...

if the speed awareness course and/or infringement course were just a punishment course (rather than re-education and re-inform) then they lose their meaning

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Randombloke View Post
    I think this is worth looking at if you fly in airspace with complicated boundaries and/or procedures:

http://www.peter2000.co.uk/aviation/...ts-policy.html

One of the most disturbing extracts is this:

In a controversial policy, the CAA department running this new scheme has been putting pressure on social media mods/admins to avoid discussing this topic. Nowadays, only EuroGA is running it, here, in what has become by far the longest thread we've had. I am one of the admins and - along with others I know - have received very direct "invitations" for a talk at Gatwick. All those I know who received these, except one who runs a UK forum, have refused to go. It's a bit like Vlad the Impaler asking you to drop in for a cup of tea And with two past infringements (both very minor) there is no doubt they will go after me to the maximum extent possible if I do it again within the two years. The NATS, CAA and Gasco staff are prominent on the UK flying forums and are readily recognisable, primarily from a high-handed lecturing style on regulatory matters coupled with an unusual lack of interest in anything connected with actually flying aeroplanes. Similarly, with access to the CAA pilot database, it must be reasonably assumed that they are readily able to identify most of the forum participants... It is hard to write more than a few lines on a forum without revealing something about where you are based, what you fly, etc.

Rather disturbing. I wonder how they have been exerting this pressure and why.

Thanks
    Quick search delivers this discussion (these discussions?). I've not read...
    https://www.euroga.org/forums/search...&commit=Search

Back to just bimbling in the TST.

No longer instructing - just pontificating..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadamBreakneck View Post
    Quick search delivers this discussion (these discussions?). I've not read...
    https://www.euroga.org/forums/search...&commit=Search
    Surely getting people to talk about it is a good idea?

Thanks
    About 15yrs ago after a trip to France a letter dropped through my friends door from the CAA claiming we had infringed some airspace, we knew that we were close (within half a mile of the boundary) but not infringing plus the gps (skyforce 111 which was a pretty decent unit) confirmed, the Caa were adamant so we contacted the airport in question for proof and they stated that their radar wasn't that accurate to determine our exact position so we relayed this info to the CAA and nothing was heard again, not even a letter to confirm the case was closed.
    Seems to me that they were gunning for you back then...
    G-HAMS a pretty quick Quik