Would you go for a Skyranger Swift or Classic and why
    This is purely hypothetical question to satisfy my curiosity

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev C View Post
    Ok
    Given the option, assuming both same price
    Would you go for a Skyranger Swift or Classic and why
    This is purely hypothetical question to satisfy my curiosity
    It would depend on the strip I flew from, the other people I flew in convoy with, the length of strips I was trying to get into, and the possibilities for higher payload.

There is some possibility that existing Swifts will be able to go to higher weights post 600kg, that option doesn't exist for the Classic except maybe to 472.5kg.

If I flew with people in Chasers, like last year, I'd prefer the Classic as it has a very nice trim for about 60 mph or less.

If I flew withe people in Eurostars or Eurofoxes, I'd prefer the Swift otherwise I'm tearing the Classic a new one.

I think I prefer the handling on the Classic, but there's not much in it.

A 115hp Rotax Swift 3 or a 130hp ULPower of the same with 600kg might blow the Classic into the weeds.

However, Classic performance, with the exception of speed is very good on a Rotax 80hp donkey.
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights
    "Weekend bimbler, day to day car driver & genuinely undeserving Southern oik who has never done anything of any worth"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I used to own a Skyranger Classic with XLAM skins and a 912s up until 8 years ago. I owned it for 5 years. It had a lovely curved dash with fantastic avionics. I loved touring in it. It was exceptional at short field operations and cruised at 85 mph. To be honest there was very little difference between the model I owned and the swift. Shorter wing, but would not have been a noticeable difference I don't believe. I bought mine with just 10 hours on the engine and it had been very well made. I think XLAM Skins for me would be a must and good build finish. But they are a great plane, great value for money and can cruise along all day with C42's and the like at a fraction of the price.

Damien
    Pilots are just Plane people with a special Air about them.

G-BZJO Quantum 503 Flexwing only Jockey now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damienair View Post
    It was exceptional at short field operations and cruised at 85 mph. To be honest there was very little difference between the model I owned and the swift. Shorter wing, but would not have been a noticeable difference I don't believe.
    Last year I flew 80hp Classic and 80hp Swift back to back and the Swift lived up to its name with an advantage in cruise, 5 to 10 mph. Your 912S takes some of that advantage back, but I find much more than 80mph on an 80 horse donkey is flogging it a bit. Up to 90mph is fine with the 80hp Swift, but the 912S shows off the performance of the Swift or Nynja well. I've flown the Pegasus France Nynja with a 912S and it's very well sorted.

If I can have the 100hp Nynja with the curved dash that's the winner for me...
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights
    "Weekend bimbler, day to day car driver & genuinely undeserving Southern oik who has never done anything of any worth"