Thread: Done it......

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Done it......

Its been a whirlwind post lockdown. I've been training at Breeze Aviation at Sherburn and when the club lockdown was lifted I made a decision to push go ahead with renewed vigor!

I'd been flying a couple of hours a week, once on a Sunday and then again on Mondays. Its slow going this way and I decided as there were no holidays worth having this year, I should push ahead with more training. So thats what I did.

Its been amazing how quickly I've progressed this way, circuits lead to solo, solo circuits lead to local area flying and then a 180+ NM mega solo nav-ex with two land-aways. The remaining exercises were quickly swallowed up and then it was time for GST practice. Along side the flying I'd also hit ground school hard, I'd been avoiding the graft required to get thpugh this and needed to catch up as my flying was now well ahead of the groundschool.

It really has been a whirlwind, incredibly enjoyable and yesterday, 14th September was the big day. I was more nervous than I can possible convey, I passed all my car and bike tests 37 years ago. Mike, my instructor, kept telling me I'd be fine and he wouldn't have put me forward if he didn't know I was at the right standard, but it didn't help. Test day was perfect, hardly a breath of air and CAVOK.

The test itself was a lovely fly around, all the the exercises came and went, the nerves faded almost immediately and I just enjoyed the flying. Soon enough it was time for a full stop landing, taxi back with all the usual checks. The examiner uttered those magical words, I pleased to tell you've passed.... I'm sure there were other words, but, just in the moment, I didn't hear them. I've followed other journeys on you tube, and watched Ben Atkinson's GST over and over again, not really believing it would ever be me.

It is me. The paperwork has gone off and I'm now contemplating my next step int he world of aviation. What a privilege.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bronco For This Useful Post:

Aerial (15-09-20), Gentreau (16-09-20), Mike Calvert (15-09-20), Trev C (15-09-20)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Congratulations!!!!

Thanks
    Absolutely! Well done. I'd be interested in a brief description of your mega cross country if you could please. That's w-a-a-ay more than I did! (Doubtless many others too).

Thanks
    Brilliant
    Well done
    Are you flex or 3 axis?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks all, I should have said, 3 axis

The nav was sherburn - selby - wombleton - scarborough - flamborough and a landing at Beverly.

Leg two was Beverley - Hornsea - louth and a landing at Wickenby

Leg three was Wickenby - caistor - Brigg - Trent falls - selby and Sherburn

.IMG_2671.PNG