Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GA AVIATOR

Lynx Headset Repairs

Sent to me by email from a microlighting acquaintance

QV.

Just to let you know what you might be letting yourselves in for when Lynx Headsets go wrong!

We have had the same experience of repair costs especially with the leads failing!

If we have no schools/instructors Federation to keep these things aired then it might be better we start a ‘Round Robin’ letter system.

Have had some dreadful experiences with lots of other things which the BMAA and MF obviously don’t want to get involved with so maybe it is high time we brought to attention the dreadful experiences with other products such as the Jabiru engine for instance!

We have put up with this nonsense for far too long.

G

Hi G,

Further to our conversation. I have just been on to Lynx and they seemed very reluctant to put anything below in writing!

I managed to persuade her to send an e-mail with the relevant figures so I will wait and see.

The figures she gave me over the phone are below

Repair of Headset Number 1 220.00
    Repair of Headset Number 2 147.06
    Repair of Headset Number 3 177.68

To repair 2 and 3 and return 336.50

New headsets 188.23 + vat

Lynx do not sell retail has to be done through an agent

What should I do?

Regards,

Ian

THIS EMAIL WAS SENT TO LOADS OF PROLIFIC MICROLIGHTERS, SO SOME OF YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY SEEN THIS

Footnote : I have just recently flown a Jabiru engined Microlight and found the engine to be OK, so I don't necessarily agree with the Jabiru remark !!!!
    Last edited by GA AVIATOR; 19-05-10 at 23:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The plugs on the Lynx headsets are a pig to repair as the wire is so thin and flimsy. Not one of my favorite jobs.

Thanks
    Why dont you try this as an option, these fellows supply the Binder 678 series plug attached to the curly cord and wired for you !! Also a new mic boom and amplifier assembly and batteries and so on...Based in Manchester.

www.headsetkits.com

Thanks
    dear mr.Zulu 1........
    these are "your" products,(headsetkits.com) same as the vee rabbit antennas that your agent supplied brand new to me .....they don't work/1 arrived broken !....
    .and your agent wont accept a return...........sent them back twice and you refuse to sign for them at the other end !......20+ phone calls 20+ messages left and no return call.....

stand by your products mate or don't bother posting.....you can't sell people sub-standard goods , keep the money and wash your hands of it in this country mate,and expect everyone to just smile !
    i've emailed you for months about them and you don't answer the e-mails,i've even emailed you via this forum

http://www.microlightforum.com/showt...Rabbit-Antenna
    try reading this mr.zulu
    Last edited by andy dixon; 20-05-10 at 21:25 PM.
    disclaimer....as per 2010 European libel act....these are my thoughts only and may not represent the thoughts or actions of any person /company/group/manufacturer named in this article/Internet posting

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Sorry Zulu, but in my opinion if Andy tells me there is poor customer service at your business then you won't be getting my custom. Perhaps you should reply to Andy on the forum.

Thanks
    Unfortunately in business one chooses a partner and that is sometimes not ideal. We no longer have a UK agent and handle service direct. Anyway I have never received any information or correspondence regarding broken products. Had I done so I would have obviously acted on the information. Packaging of these devices must be done properly to prevent transit damage I may add.

I will obviously replace all three antennas delivered to a location of your choice and immediately rectify the situation with correctly packaged products direct from our works.

Secondly I would ask you to objectively review a completed "kit" and also send you a kit to assemble and then review accordingly. This we have made available to reduce high repair costs as the issue in this thread.

I sincerely hope that we can resolve the situation and satisfy the disappointed customers. We have sold many Vee rabbits worldwide with very content users.

Please understand the www.headsetkits.com has no connection with our "old" agent Air Magic UK and we supply them as a separate entity with a excellent trading record.

Now I am going flying.

Paul
    Last edited by zulu1; 21-05-10 at 04:55 AM.

Founding Member - See my blog entries for help using the forums VinceG's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks for that Paul. I'll P.M. you my details and will get Andy to do a proper product test when we've installed them.

The negative feedback will not be removed from this forum because it was objective, however, once replaced with positive feedback, I'm sure the balance will be re-dressed.
    Happy Safe Flying
    May your Landings = Your Take Offs
    Vince Gledhill
    Site Admin
    http://www.microlightforum.com
    http://www.greeneru.co.uk to save the planet by changing to LED lights.

Find help here with various aspects of using the forum in my blog

Thanks
    thanks for the reply,i have asked vince gledhill the forum owner to be the "independent person" in all this,he will oversee the testing of your products and customer service,as soon as your package arrives we will do the testing the same week and post the results,
    it's a real shame about your agent as the vee rabbit was looking fantastic to start with
    disclaimer....as per 2010 European libel act....these are my thoughts only and may not represent the thoughts or actions of any person /company/group/manufacturer named in this article/Internet posting

Thanks
    try contacting richard at www.microlightstore.co.uk they are probably europes largest dedicated microlight accessorys supplier,he was the guy who offered your vee rabit the first time round,he has 6 other aviation stores in the u.k. including www.helicopterstore.co.uk and www.gyrocoptorstore.co.uk to name but a few........you may have to kiss his feet a bit but he is your best hope of european sales in big numbers
    ........oh.........and he now has shops in france too................... as last year i had a fault with my helmet comms and was able to go to his franch shop and exchange it under warranty no quibble
    Last edited by andy dixon; 22-05-10 at 20:34 PM.

Thanks
    Just arrived back from a weekend fly away to the Zululand bush, anyway Andy, the sample "built" headsets will leave RSA this afternoon by air (kits are made in Manchester) and hopefully we will be able to ship the Vee antennas by Wednesday. We are working on a de tuned version of the Vee antenna as I consider that performance will be unsuitable for the UK. This you may be interested in testing as well. I may be in France in a few weeks and may come over to visit and also meet with Richard. I need delivery details please.

Thanks Paul