Thread: Forum Fly In?

Thanks

Post Forum Fly In?

Hello all - the forum has been up now for nearly 2 years (Started in February 09) and is now a thriving forum. Over the past 2 years there have been a couple of mentions of the possibility of a 'forum fly in' - how ever nothing has ever been organised, I propose the possibility of organising one for the forums 2nd Birthday (1st Sat or Sun in February) I know a lot of the members are from upt' norf so don't know where would be the best place to hold such an event - however I am based at Half Penny Green which is bang in the centre of England, and I would happily organise such an event.

So does anyone have any suggestions for locations or 'things' to do / have at the fly in?

Max

Founding Member - See my blog entries for help using the forums VinceG's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Nice one max, all I can say is we should make any arrangements flexible due to the weather.
    Happy Safe Flying
    May your Landings = Your Take Offs
    Vince Gledhill
    Site Admin
    http://www.microlightforum.com
    http://www.greeneru.co.uk to save the planet by changing to LED lights.

Find help here with various aspects of using the forum in my blog

Thanks
    Yes Vince - the idea of rolling weekends so if the weather is bad it will roll on a week until the weather is ok.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Why not plan to attend the Icicle meet in Jan- feb -March whenever the weathers good as thats going to be a rolling event...

Happening at Leicester this year with a good night out and we hardly lost anyone last year with hypothermia...............

We could probably do a summer one then hopefully when the weathers kind for the softy flyers......

(Wait for the Flak.... Incoming!!!!!)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Cant be Leicester because thats further West than Greenwich. So when your planning destination airfield please also consider I cannot go further North than 52d30'N and further South than 51d15'N. Thanks !!

Thanks
    Wot's wrong with holding it at Gibraltar ?? terrific runway, and the weathers' normally reasonable....... ( Any Spanish speakers out there ?? I only speak a bit of cajun french.... )

FivePee Green would be OK, but it's a bit far Sarf for most of the EEE Bah Goom lads I fear Max...... What about Netherthorpe ?? ( EGNF ) nice field, lovely restaurant, nice operators....... and not too far T'South. . . .

Phil
    Skype : PilotPhil312 E: cosigngraphic@yahoo.co.uk Ham Radio Station - G4 OHK 10 Mtres FM, 2 metres fm, 70 centimetres fm, and lurking about on15, 20 and 40 metres ssb as well. . . . .

Thanks
    OK, OK, I supposre that Netherthorpe is a bit of a jaunt for most of the Northern nancy boys, OK then, what about BREIGHTON ???? Lovely field, great food, plenty of ( Proper) aeroplanes to look at whilst you're there. . . . and last time, we didn't get charged any landing fees. Got to be a reasonable alternative Max ????

Whaddyer think Max ??

Phil P.
    Skype : PilotPhil312 E: cosigngraphic@yahoo.co.uk Ham Radio Station - G4 OHK 10 Mtres FM, 2 metres fm, 70 centimetres fm, and lurking about on15, 20 and 40 metres ssb as well. . . . .

Thanks
    Hi Phil the reason I suggested HPG was because its my local field and would be easy for me to sort something out - I dont mind arranging it for somewhere else but it may be a bit difficult trying to arrange specifics over the phone or email and also the logistics when there. I Will ask around and see what I can do

I will take your suggestions into account.

Max

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Us Northern boys will go anywhere, in fact we could call it the Martini Fly In, anytime,anyplace, anywhere.
    CAUTION: Aviation may be hazardous to your wealth.

Thanks
    I can see where you're coming from Max.

The Green ARE actually very helpful with events, A friend of mine organised a "Wings 'N' Wheels" day not long back, and the management bent over backwards to help, reduced landing fees etc. Nice aerodrome with more than enough room for visitor parking / campovers, and as Tyke says, the Northern blokes are made from very stern stuff and will fly anywhere. Just need a good / reasonable two day WX forecast to make it happen I guess.

Phil