Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Discounted 2 stroke Oil for forum members

For those of you who fly 2 strokers, you will be aware now of the price of 2 stroke oil.
    I have priced shell vsx which according to the MF mag is 126 for 20l.
    Skydrive now do their own brand, which is the same spec as Shell VSX and I think is 65 for 12L plus, from memory 14 delivery. Thats 79 for 12L, or if you buy 24, probably nearer 144, as that would be 2 lots of 65 plus one postage of 14.

I have sourced
    Semi Synthetic Two Stroke oil JASO FC ISO-L-EGD

This is the exact same spec as Skydrive, and I believe the same also as Shell VSX semi synthetic, but please check for yourself.
    There is one big difference, 25l of this oil delivered to you will cost you about 72 when you quote the discount code of "lube001"

Here is the link to his website
    http://www.lubetechshop.co.uk/index.php.

You can use the online shop or ring him and tell him your a microlight forum member and give him the above discount code.
    Oil is due to go up in the next few weeks, so it may be worth buying some now.
    I believe this is the exact same spec oil. What a lot of people dont realise is, that some of the people who sell oil dont actually make it themselves, they just buy the right spec oil and put their own badge on it, whatever that may be.
    The brand of this oil is Exol.
    I think the discount code may apply to all the other stuff he sells as well.
    Please let me know your thoughts.
    Dai

2. The Following User Says Thank You to daipower For This Useful Post:

Bill Scott (21-04-11)

Thanks
    Sounds good, I'm goig to need a fresh supply very soon.
    Can anyone help out with a link to an old thread we had mentioning a supplier in Norfolk that was extremely good value (Dereham possibly) ?
    It would be good to make a final comparison before ordering. I do look forward to having kmy 4 stroke and not having this clart!
    CYPRUS MEDAL ADEN MEDAL
    Slimming World Target Member
    RBR 2012 survivor, recovering
    One of the troublesome lot at Priory Farm

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Dai, if you're flying a Rotax 2-stroke, that oil doesn't meet the spec.

Rotax specifically quote the standard API-TC.

The one which appears to be right is this one here
    The three most useless things in aviation:
    • The air above you.
    • The runway behind you.
    • The fuel in the bowser.

Rule #1: Always tie your aircraft to the largest heaviest object available. The planet Earth meets these requirements and is readily available in all locations.
    Rule #2: The great thing about twin engined aircraft is, if one engine fails, the other engine always has just enough power to get you to the scene of the crash.

Semper specto in clara parte vitae.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I have quoted what skydrive sell and the spec of vsx. I fly 4 stroke. Maybe someone can clarify, but I dare say skydrive wouldn't sell oil not suitable. From what I Hv read, the oil you say is of a lower spec, but may be suitable I am not sure.

P Kelsey
    JASO FC is the highest rating for 2-stroke oils. JASO FC oils leave little deposits and create very little smoke. So this oil that Dai recommends is fine to use with Rotax 2 strokes

Quote Originally Posted by Gentreau View Post
    Dai, if you're flying a Rotax 2-stroke, that oil doesn't meet the spec.

Rotax specifically quote the standard API-TC.

The one which appears to be right is this one here

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P Kelsey View Post
    JASO FC is the highest rating for 2-stroke oils. JASO FC oils leave little deposits and create very little smoke. So this oil that Dai recommends is fine to use with Rotax 2 strokes
    If it doesn't say on the label/description that it meets or exceeds API-TC then it ain't going in my Rotax.
    • The air above you.
    • The runway behind you.

Rule #1: Always tie your aircraft to the largest heaviest object available. The planet Earth meets these requirements and is readily available in all locations.
    Rule #2: The great thing about twin engined aircraft is, if one engine fails, the other engine always has just enough power to get you to the scene of the crash.

P Kelsey
    Crusty,
    If you had read the post that I quoted in that snippet..... you might have noticed that Gentreau recommended JASO FD over JASO FC ( which is incorrect ) as we are talking about JASO Oil I simply stated that JASO FC is higher rated than JASO FD.

The oil exceeds the spec and that is my point

I use Shell VSX always ( well up until now I have ) but might start trying this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    A bit missleading Peter,its the highest rating in the japanese standards, (which the wiki entry you took it from goes explains) but not the highest rating of 2 stroke oils by any standard, which your snippet implies.

Perhaps you should have copy and pasted the whole article as you usually do or even given a credit or link to it

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P Kelsey View Post
    ..... you might have noticed that Gentreau recommended JASO FD over JASO FC ( which is incorrect ) as we are talking about JASO Oil I simply stated that JASO FC is higher rated than JASO FD.
    Actually Peter, if you follow the link I posted you will find that it says this:
    "Meets the following international specifications. A.P.I. TC, TSC-3. JASO FB. "

Whereas the original link by Dai says:
    "Specifications: JASO FC GLOBAL ISO-L-EGD"
    • The air above you.
    • The runway behind you.

P Kelsey
    Gentreau,
    Seems what we need to ascertain is whether JASO FB is a Higher Spec than JASO FC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gentreau View Post
    Actually Peter, if you follow the link I posted you will find that it says this:
    "Meets the following international specifications. A.P.I. TC, TSC-3. JASO FB. "

Whereas the original link by Dai says:
    "Specifications: JASO FC GLOBAL ISO-L-EGD"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The link I put in was just the website, sounds like both the oils stated above are on there. I would guess that the one I quoted would be a higher spec because its 20 more expensive.
    I dont really know which spec is the highest myself, all I have tried to do is get the pilots on this forum the same spec oil as skydrive and shell sell, but at half the price.
    Dai

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daipower For This Useful Post:

Bill Scott (22-04-11), Blade 582 (22-04-11), VinceG (21-04-11)