Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Not much, but still 13kgs heavier than a Tanarg. At least you can register a Tanarg in the UK though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob T View Post
    Not much, but still 13kgs heavier than a Tanarg. At least you can register a Tanarg in the UK though.
    Empty weight is somewhat important to us as me and my friend intend to do a continental flight but so is comfort on a long flight. I was told that 560 pounds which is around 254 kg is max weight of the Revo with all options installed including the parachute. I am not sure what the weight of the Tanarg is with a parachute and options like radio, mode-S xpdr and so on. I will be flying at first in the US but intend to ship the aircraft later to India because we want to fly across India as well. What's the empty weight of QuikR and how comfortable is it. Never flown in it but looks very minimal.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cherian View Post
    Empty weight is somewhat important to us as me and my friend intend to do a continental flight but so is comfort on a long flight. I was told that 560 pounds which is around 254 kg is max weight of the Revo with all options installed including the parachute. I am not sure what the weight of the Tanarg is with a parachute and options like radio, mode-S xpdr and so on. I will be flying at first in the US but intend to ship the aircraft later to India because we want to fly across India as well. What's the empty weight of QuikR and how comfortable is it. Never flown in it but looks very minimal.
    QuikR empty weight is 220kg.

As for the comfort factor, well, 1 up is very comfortable. 2 fat buggers and you would struggle over any long distance.

This is systematic of the “Quik” range of Aircraft though – not just the QuikR.

The Revo looks and performs superb, but is VERY expensive compared to the Quik (and other) range of aircraft.

There was some reference in the MF Magazine of the BMAA looking at ways to bring the Revo over to the UK? Probably won’t happen though.

When is your test flight Cherian? you must post back here with flight review.

Thanks
    My test flight in Florida is in about a week's time. I may also stop over in North Carolina at one of their dealers who have both the Revo and the Tanarg to test fly them side by side but that depends on if I have time. I got to get to NYC eventually. I have 400 hours flying trikes but mainly a copy of the old Pegasus Quantum with the Q2 like wing and some trials of other trikes and training in an Airborne XT912.
    220 kilos empty for QuikR, that's nice but I am tall and my friend is decently tall as well though not as tall as me. I should try it out also. Is it very much like the old Pegasus Quantum fuselage?

Thanks
    I have been able to arrange a test flight in the Revo but as luck would have it, I will be able to fly a Tanarg 912S the very next day as well while in Florida. Can't wait for the candy shops . I found a video I had not seen before that shows some details about the Revo that I didn't find elsewhere. Its done by Dan Johnson
    http://vodpod.com/watch/8934752-revo...olution-trikes

Thanks
    The build quality of that trike is simply stunning. Man, I really envy you taking it for a test flight.

No doubt in my mind this is where all trikes will be in a few years time.

Be interesting to see what you think about the Tanarg also.

Thanks for posting

Spear

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The Revo will be the better flight for you as the Tanarg will not have the Bionix wing, there is only one Bionix in the US and that belongs to Henry who is a private pilot.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    It turns out that the Revo used for this video was a non standard one with a very strengthened wing that was built for pylon racing. This is not your average off the shelf Revo.

Thanks
    I just got done flying the Tanarg. They had an IXcess 15 wing on it.
    I got to say that I am not sure that was any fun. It almost fought you to maneuver it. I think an Airborne 912XT flies a lot better and easier. Its a nice sporty looking machine though and very large and comfortable. May be almost too large. Nice storage pockets everywhere but the flight portion was a big let down for me. Tomorrow I get to check out the Revo

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    The build quality of that trike is simply stunning. Man, I really envy you taking it for a test flight.

No doubt in my mind this is where all trikes will be in a few years time.

Be interesting to see what you think about the Tanarg also.

Thanks for posting

Spear

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob T View Post
    The Revo will be the better flight for you as the Tanarg will not have the Bionix wing, there is only one Bionix in the US and that belongs to Henry who is a private pilot.
    Thanks for the info. I wouldn't go for the Tanarg IXcess 15. I did a flight in it today and was disappointed by its handling. Nice glide and all that but no fun like my Cessna 172. Is there a place you'd recommend to get to fly the Bionix wing on the Tanarg? If it handles like the IXcess then that's just not for me but if the handling is a bit spirited, I would like to try it. I did like the carriage looks and its comfort etc. The wing was made really nicely but didn't match its construction in flight handling and it seemed a bit spirally unstable to me. Perhaps should use those stabilizers like they do on the Bionix on it eh.