Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dragonfly/ motorfloater

ive been looking at the dragonfly for a while but dont like how 'foldable' it is,
    imo every extra hinge or bracket to make it so foldable is something else to go wrong, i dont like the retracts and velcroing things on- like the throttle just doesnt float my boat lol

ive just seen a similar microlight called the motorfloater,
    ive been told by my dad that id probably be too heavy for this sort of aircraft cus theyre not very powerful? im 14st (athletic build)
    i love the simplicity and reduced costs of this type of microlight, wing crossbars open for inspection and everythings easy to check (one reason i wasnt too keen on my dads quasar)

i dont think flying long distances is going to be for me so speed isnt really an issue.. flying slow, relaxing and taking in the scenery is where the fun and buzz is for me.

any thoughts and opinions will be appreciated,

cheers,mark

Hi Mark , look at WWW.aceaviation.co.uk you might find something you like in there .+6g -4 g nothing flimsey about a magic trike or wing built to section S .Have a look see what you think .i have a magic cyclone your welcome to view mine (but its not for sale ) im in kent .
    Last edited by vicky G; 23-12-11 at 20:17 PM.
    life is grand ,when you have the cheek to enjoy it .

Nothing flimsy about a dragonfly or Motorfloater!

They have all been properly designed stressed and load tested and hold german DULV certification.

Mark I am at least as heavy as you and the dragonfly or Motorfloater combinations fly me very well.

The Fox wing is the one to go for if you want to rig and derig every time - it has the fastest rig of any trike wing. don't be concerned about the foldability of the trike - take a look at the engineering and you will see it's very solid. The throttle stays attached so is not held on with Velcro. If you don't fancy the retracts, the Motorfloater variant has fixed gear. You can have it with the super frugal Bailey four stroke ( less than 3 litres per hour) or the Simonini two stroke if you want more grunt.

The discus wing has a little more glide and speed and the topless compact wing is also available if you want state of the art efficiency and glide and exquisite engineering and sail cut and detailing. Handling on all variants is super light and effortless.

the Motorfloater trike is also available in fast build kit form if you what to save some money and have some fun assembling.

if you would like to take closer look at the range and chat about what's available you would be welcome at Sywell.

Paul Dewhurst

I would like one of these single seater SSDRs to play with. The last time I visited Sywell, I left with a very nice Tanarg. Paul and his gang are a very easy going bunch and all fliers themselves.

Thanks for the info guys,
    makes me very happy to know im not too heavy for one of these
    i wasnt trying to say theyre flimsy, i know these things have to be designed and tested properly i just dont need one to fold up and fit in the boot of my car so one with fixed landing gear and non quick release parts will be better for me

id love to come and see them closeup paul, im very interested in going with this type of microlight!

the narrow weather window doesnt worry me too much either (at the moment! lol) cus ive got lots of hobbies that i do so will just fly when weather is suitable

Quote Originally Posted by vicky G View Post
    Hi Mark , look at WWW.aceaviation.co.uk you might find something you like in there .+6g -4 g nothing flimsey about a magic trike or wing built to section S .Have a look see what you think .i have a magic cyclone your welcome to view mine (but its not for sale ) im in kent .
    Vicky, I didn't know you had one of those. I'll need to fly up there when the weather improves and have a peek at it.
    There's got to be more to life than fighting for fish heads!

thanks for the link vicky that magic laser looks spot on!
    hoping to start flying lessons early in the new year so have got a while yet till its worth buying a single seater as it would just be sat there,

i take it you need a full license to fly these single seat deregulated microlights?

Quote Originally Posted by southcoastflyer View Post
    Vicky, I didn't know you had one of those. I'll need to fly up there when the weather improves and have a peek at it.
    It's very tidy. Be nice to see you up here when you next get a chance. There's also a Dragonfly with a Discus wing in the same hangar.

*** Site Donor ***

Quote Originally Posted by mark675 View Post
    i take it you need a full license to fly these single seat deregulated microlights?
    yup, if you could foot launch then you would need no licence (don't think there is a current weight limit on foot launch) still you would need strong knees to hold the 115kg and getting it to rotation speed
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

to Paul Dewhurst. Hi Paul, A poor choice of word,on my part , ( flimsy) nothing unsavory intended to wards your machines . they are indeed world class .and those of us that fly ssdr have a great deal to thank you ,for fighting to obtain this class of machine .I am Sorry, if it offended you ,or your staff in any way .As i know only to well your standards are of the highest . Vicky G
    Last edited by vicky G; 25-12-11 at 02:46 AM.
    life is grand ,when you have the cheek to enjoy it .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast