Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jabiru engines

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paultheparaglider View Post
    It is also possible that BJ's opinions are somewhat coloured by the experience of putting a Jabiru engined Sky Raider (a tandem predecessor to the Escapade) into a hedge when the engine went pop.
    http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/...2___g_oezi.cfm tells the correct tale though. Even a Rotax engine would stop running after going through two fences.
    Last edited by exflex; 06-07-13 at 23:22 PM. Reason: Correction of ambiguous comment.

Thanks
    What the folks have to remember is that the oil burner rotaxes were designed for snowmobiles, which as anyone who has ridden one (me) will know they have different operating situations than the more or less constant rpm's as used in an aircraft. The Jabbies and the 912 were designed purely as aero engines from the start. My shadow has an oil burner strapped to its posterior and when it gets over to france then i will be looking towards a 912 when the engine is due a major overhaul but until then i will keep the oil burner burning.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    What the folks have to remember is that the oil burner rotaxes were designed for snowmobiles, which as anyone who has ridden one (me) will know they have different operating situations than the more or less constant rpm's as used in an aircraft. The Jabbies and the 912 were designed purely as aero engines from the start. My shadow has an oil burner strapped to its posterior and when it gets over to france then i will be looking towards a 912 when the engine is due a major overhaul but until then i will keep the oil burner burning.
    Contrary to the Japanese Fuji engines, the Rotax oil burners were acknowledged by their makers as a usable aircraft engine. Just as the Jabbies and the 912s are. They are all acceptable microlight blowers.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" - G.B.S.

Thanks
    Yup I know this, i only mentioned the fact that the 4 and 5 series Rotax were originally designed for flying through the snow not over it. My 582 runs and has run faultlessly since new.