Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 77 years old ?

Thanks

77 years old ?

Hi Microlighter's
    I am 77 years old, just had my first flight and really enjoyed it and now think i will carry on and try and get my licence.
    Would like to hear from any one else who has gone through flight training at an older age. Looking forward to my flight next week weather permitting ! Bob

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    Hi Microlighter's
    I am 77 years old, just had my first flight and really enjoyed it and now think i will carry on and try and get my licence.
    Would like to hear from any one else who has gone through flight training at an older age. Looking forward to my flight next week weather permitting ! Bob
    Hi Bob,

Firstly, age is just a number. I know we don't learn quite as fast as we get older, but there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't get your Licence. I have a chum who I sometimes fly with who has his own fixed wing aeroplane. He has been flying for many years, and still loves it. He's 83 years old, though acts 60 !

You have the good weather coming, so get yourself booked on a course, you'll love it !

Good luck with it.
    Escapade driver from Sussex.

Thanks
    Hi Bob, microlighting is no respecter of age - it can grab you no matter how old (or young) you are! Enjoy it and good luck with your training.

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply & comments watchboss1 ! will give it a go, probably not the best time of the year to start and its certainly stiring the old grey matter up, also found plenty of helpfull bits on the internet, so thanks again & good flying.

Thanks
    I'm 54 and can't take my money with me when I shuffle off this mortal coil !

And I think everyone else is in the same boat.....

Can you imagine when you get to your nursing home in later life,you can sit there and say "I started flying lessons when I was 77"
    Or you can say "I got some nice potted plants down at the garden centre"

My wife got to 50, her choices in life were,getting a blue rinse once a week,or having a flying lesson once a week.......now she's got a 16,000 Quik and has never looked back !
    disclaimer....as per 2010 European libel act....these are my thoughts only and may not represent the thoughts or actions of any person /company/group/manufacturer named in this article/Internet posting

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Seems to be quite a few that only started after retirement.

Mate of min started to build his micro light after retiring... Get on and enjoy yourself I recon.

Thanks
    Hi Many thanks for all the messages, Have my 2nd flight on Thursday, weather is looking promising, could be in for a serious training flightthen will have to start looking at Air Law for night time reading ! any way thanks again for all the comments Cheers and good luck to you all..Bob

Thanks
    Hi again, 2nd flight got cancelled, but like a lot of others, so it seems, I have been looking at AirLaw on the internet, there are a lotr of sites and a lot of books but do they seriously relate to the Question paper i would get on exam day, a lot seem to think i am training as a professional pilot, not a microlight, i would like to hear from someone who has taken the exam very reasently for a bit of guidence. Bob

Thanks
    It is the same air law for both of us LOL you will find several sites offering trial exam papers
    I used a set of cd's bought off the internet that had over a thousand question chosen at random so everything was covered in each exam
    fly high fly safe and may you always have the wind at your back
    (except when taking off or landing according to Phil )

Thanks

airlaw?

Quote Originally Posted by woodysr2 View Post
    It is the same air law for both of us LOL you will find several sites offering trial exam papers
    I used a set of cd's bought off the internet that had over a thousand question chosen at random so everything was covered in each exam
    Hi Woodysr2 : Thanks for the reply, started off with microlight club which seemed quite strait forward but others seem to be a lot more complicated and reading around the Forum a lot of others find it so as well ! any way its something to read up on while the weather is to bad to fly Cheers Bob